Spontaneous Worship

I am privileged to serve as Minister of Music at the church I attend -
 Pentecostal Miracle Deliverance in Savannah, Ga.
and have been doing so for the past more than 28 years. 
I remember when I first started how I felt so inadequate to the task 
and prayed and made what I deem to be 
a very significant vow to the Holy Spirit.
I told Him that as long as He would guide and direct me
I would always follow His leading not depending on my own thoughts, 
talents or abilities but develop my skills to the point that His creative expression  
could flow freely through my mind and hands and voice...
To this day when I sit at the instruments I remind myself and Him of  the vow.
As I mentor young musicians in ministry I encourage them to make a 
similar vow to the Holy Spirit to constantly have open ears and heart
As they sing or play instruments.. 
Often spontaneous new music will manifest itself during or just after the service.
Here is one of those expressions that happened as we finished service one day and were packing up to go home . It turned out that someone listening as they were about to leave 
needed just what was being sung.










Comments

Popular Posts