Performing w/ The Eric Jones Trio


     Jazz music is a large part of  the soundtrack of my life from the time i was very young to this day; and the phrases and techniques largely inform my musical compositions in all styles. Flashbacks to my early teens sitting on the floor for hours under the record player analyzing Music by John Coltrane, McCoy Tyner, Yusef Lateef and many more and on to sitting in with Ben Tucker and Joe Jones at Hannah's in city Market when i was in my early 20's. I have always felt a part of the music.
    I sat in with Eric Jones playing piano numerous times at various occasions and we both always declared we would put a couple of sets together. Last year Goodtimes Jazz on Broughton came to be, with the Eric Jones trio as a major fixture so over time i went by to listen and sat in a couple of times with the Trio. Eric and I mulled over the calendar and came up with a date that i could come on as featured guest and it was such great fun.. We rehearsed a lot of standards and didn't get a chance to do them all but put a lot of focus on Duke Ellington and Fats Waller tunes i had performed in theatrical settings. The gig was enormous fun for the trio and the audience that was filled with good friends and eager listeners!


Click here to hear: The Opening set w/ the Trio @ Goodtimes Jazz featuring pieces by Duke Ellington & Fats Waller

Every Songwriter always looks forward to hearing great musicians play their music. I only introduced one of my compositions for this gig - THE COLOR OF LOVE and the trio sounded awesome playing it! I paired it in the second set with Miles Davis' ALL BLUES. Check it out!

Click here to hear: THE COLOR OF LOVE & ALL BLUES




Comments

Popular Posts