PURE & SIMPLE
       In the middle of writing a set of songs to demo one of my vocalists. I decided to share this one  with me on the vocals first though. The attached song PURE & SIMPLE, on the surface. represents romantic love from a typical guy perspective of not wanting to overanalyze but just enjoy the process of romantic involvement; but it represents in reality a lot more than that. The only source of the purest  love (agape/seeking the highest good) is God Himself and He loves it when His sons and daughters come to Him with simplicity and accept the fact that we have millions of reasons to love Him and accept the simple truth that He just loves us because He does!!!
     Now then here's the thing - a lot of people would foo foo me for suggesting an unintellectual approach to walking with God.  But i find that in relationship with Christ as well as in natural romantic and familial relationships the time and energy to expend can go into constantly questioning and being skeptical can lend itself to intellectual expansion but does not necessarily engender a great deal of  trust. The kind of trust that it takes to accept such a statement (I just love you cause I love you) actually does not come naturally but is a gift. God honors trust in Him every bit as much as he honors our quest to understand all aspects of our lives with Him.  In my relationship with my wife and children i can think of thousands of reasons to love them but at the core of it all--- I just do because it is the most natural thing in the world for me. I happen to recognize that in and of myself, my capacity to love is limited and inadequate but i consciously allow God to love through me and His capacity is unlimited.  So please enjoy this song on all levels...                                     
                                                        Peace and Blessings.  G.Swindell

Comments

Popular Posts