ALL THUMBS & GREEN


48 HOUR FILM FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE - 
ALL THUMBS AND GREEN
This summer i had the priviledge of participating in my first 48Hr Film Festival -working with a fantastic group of people. I was on the Glass Owl Team. All the teams created really great films.
It was quite an experience. Per the rules of the event, we received the limited info to work from  -theme, genre, prop, and a single line at 6pm on Friday. The script writer/director got started on the script and finished it at about 2am. I received it from him via email about 3am read through it a couple times and started some musical ideas pulled from language textures and thematic ideas in the dialogue. By the time i got to the site where the action was (production base) at 6am. I already had a couple ideas to run by the director to see which he liked best. When I whipped out my guitar and played a the song idea for him and the team they were amazed at how i had encapsulated the essence of the characters and theme so quickly in the lyrics and really loved the musical texture. I used the central line that was issued to us I WISH I KNEW as the title of the song. We started the morning  (Saturday) with a read through with the actors on the set. I refined the sound texture i was going for by listening to them, then as costuming, shooting, and editing were going on in one area, I found a quiet space  and spent the day recording and refining the song.We wrapped about 8pm. We got everything in on time the next day.  Our film did well at the 48 but our director David also submitted it to the IFC (Idylwylld) in California. We received 12 Nominations (view link) ! Including for the music. (view cast list) So kudos to us!! I'm looking forward to participating in the 48Hr festival again this summer.

Plot Summary

All Thumbs, and Green is about Caroline, a widow who is slowly recovering from a tragic loss. She finds hope with the arrival of a groundskeeper whose gentle spirit might just help Caroline find new life - if only her mother would get out of the way long enough to let love bloom.


- Written by David Harland Rousseau


Comments

Popular Posts