Collab w/Rapper Bennie G Da Boss

Blessed to have Dex Lott and Hitlab Studio as my neighbor .  We collab and share musical ideas a lot. I also handle a little marketing and website work and general communication for Hitlab. I was over at the studio and got introduced to one of the guys that records there. A Hip hop artist- Bennie G,. I gave a listen to a couple things he was working on right then. Maaaaaannn! I was so pleasantly surprised to hear the depth and insight of his music and told him what I tell young artists who are reaching for great things with sincerity......-"let me know if I can help". Of course this dude took me at my word and we scheduled a session the following week to record  a piece that he said "I need a real singer for this and you're the best ever" Red put the instrumental in the Logic session, Bennie dropped 3 awesome rap verses  and gave me a rough idea of the vocal lines he wanted . I dropped the melody and some improv harmonies and the rest is history! STRUGGLE TALK became a reality!!!!
 I generally don't do a lot of Hip Hop collab because so many glorify negative ideas using language and references that don't reflect my mindset but this Brother really brings it on every level! The song chronicles the journey of a young man striving to progress from a life of difficulty and strife to a life full of meaning and direction. this is one of those songs I was born to be a part of!

The song is STRUGGLIN' by Bennie G Da Boss . W/GSwindell singing on Vocals check it out!


Comments

Popular Posts